Yahoo! and Ram Truck today unveiled "Ram Country" -- the first dedicated country music site on Yahoo! Music. The site is designed to serve as the ultimate online hub for country music and its biggest stars.
From the Ram perspective, "Ram Country" is designed to help Ram
Truck reach country music fans online and marks the largest single
online marketing initiative for the Ram Truck brand.
"Ram Country" is the first time Yahoo! has developed a genre-specific music channel with a single advertiser. The new site allows the Ram Truck brand to connect with a country music fanbase through an engaging mix of music, blogs, news coverage, and original video programming produced by Yahoo!. "Ram Country" will live on Yahoo! Music and will be promoted across the Yahoo! network.
The website spotlights a range of artists (like the Zac Brown Band, pictured above) through a compelling mix of video programming, news, photos, and promotions. In addition, Yahoo! will produce reality-based video programming for the site, such as:
- Going Home, a docu-reality series featuring a country music artist in his or her hometown.
- The Studio, a program in which a country artist performs three songs in the official “Ram Country” Studio.
- Music With a View, a scaled-down acoustic performance series that takes place outside in a natural setting.
- Country Covers, a program in which a current artist covers a classic country song or another song by a contemporary artist.
- Another Side Of, a reality segment that looks into a day in the life of a country artist – giving fans a unique view into what the artist does in his or her spare time and overall lifestyle.
Check out the site and let us know what you think of Ram Country. Or, just drop a comment to answer -- Who are your favorite County music singers or groups?