Chrysler Group's Jeep® brand stands for select qualities: Ruggedness, adventure and Americana are a few. Few would argue that it also stands for individualism -- allowing drivers to make a statement whereever they steer their Jeep vehicles.
During the 2011 New York International Auto Show, Jeep brand President/CEO Mike Manley reinforced that quality with the introduction of two more members of the Jeep family: 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Mojave and the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.
Above, you can watch and listen to Manley talk about each vehicle. You also can see 40 images of the Wrangler Mojave and 50 of the Grand Cherokee SRT8 on Flickr. (Tip: We uploaded high-resolution images so you can download some great desktop images.)
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Mojave
The Wrangler Mojave is due to arrive at dealers in June, and has a MSRP of $29,195, excluding $750 destination. For more details, read on:
- New 2011 Jeep® Wrangler Mojave pays tribute to renowned, rugged Mojave Trail
- Wrangler Mojave follows successful “Islander,” “Mountain” and “Call of Duty®: Black Ops Edition” models
- Exterior features include a body-color hardtop and fender flares, “Mojave” and lizard decals on the hood and rear, and the Sahara model’s side steps
- Available in Sahara Tan, Bright White and Black
- An aggressive Wrangler Rubicon tire and wheel package, with mineral gray 17-inch wheels shod with 32-inch tires
- Wrangler Mojave’s seats are dark saddle leather with a lizard logo embossed on the front seats
- Unique driftwood surrounds the vents, front-passenger grab handle, steering-wheel spokes and door-handle inserts
- Mopar® tread pattern slush mats and overhead grab handles complete the Mojave package
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Manley called the Grand Cherokee SRT8 the "ultimate performance SUV," and that, "Flat out, it's the most powerful, technologically-advanced, high-performance Jeep vehicle ever." Due to arrive in dealer showrooms during the third quarter 2011, no MSRP has been yet announced.
Owners of any Chrysler Group SRT vehicle receive one day of professional driving instruction from the Richard Petty Racing School as part of the SRT Track Experience, designed to maximize their driving knowledge and skills on the street or track. Sessions are conducted throughout the year at selected tracks.
We have a few details on the Grand Cherokee SRT8 below. For the full story, see the news release.
- 0-60 mph in 4.8 seconds; quarter mile in mid-13 second range; top speed of 155 mph; 60-0 mph braking in 116 feet
- All-new 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 that delivers an estimated 465 horsepower and 465 lb.-ft. of torque
- Best handling Jeep vehicle ever features advanced new adaptive damping suspension managed by new Selec-Track system, delivering up to .90 g on the skid pad
- New active valve exhaust system allows standard Fuel Saver Technology to engage over a wider rpm range for an estimated 13% improvement in highway fuel efficiency and 450-mile range on one tank of gas
- Trailer tow rating of 5,000 lbs
- Available 825-watt, 19-speaker premium SRT performance audio surround-sound system from Harman Kardon® that includes a 10-inch subwoofer for the ultimate in sound quality
- A wide variety of easy-to-use infotainment options are available with features that provide customers with seamless integration of consumer electronics, delivering drivers and passengers the conveniences of home and office