With seven vehicles setting record sales for June across the Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and Ram brands, Chrysler Group saw its 39th consecutive month of year-over-year sales increase last month: +8% over June 2012, up to 156,686 vehicles sold.
Our record-setting vehicles, boosted by the trio out of Belvidere, Ill., last month are:
- Toledo, Ohio-made Jeep Wrangler: 16,165, +12%
- Belvidere-made Jeep Patriot: 6,690, +20%
- Belvidere-made Jeep Compass: 5,034, +24%
- Sterling Heights, Mich.-made Chrysler 200: 12,360, +14%
- Brampton, Ont.-made Dodge Challenger: 5,101, +27%
- Belvidere-made Dodge Dart: 6,437,
- Windsor, Ont.-made Ram Cargo Van C/V: 1,291, +13%
While it wasn’t a record-setting month, Detroit-made Jeep Grand Cherokee did have its best June in eight years and was our # 2 seller with 16,626 sold, good for +33% over last June. Again, Ram Pickups led the way in volume with 29,644 sold, for +24%.
Other popular vehicles include the ever-popular Dodge Grand Caravan with 10,225 sold, -6%, and the Chrysler Town & Country, 10,609 sold, +18%.
Overall, each brand saw an increase in June 2013, with Ram (+23%) and Dodge (+12%) brand leading the way. Chrysler, Jeep and FIAT brands were up slightly.
Through the first half of 2013, Chrysler Group U.S. sales total 908,332, good for 9% improvement compared to the first six months of 2012. Cars are up 11% on the year and trucks are up 7%.