If you've paid attention of late to Ram Trucks' launches and new vehicles -- hopefully you've noticed a focus on value for your hard-earned dollar.
The Ram 4500 / 5500 Chasis Cab truck earned the honor after an online voting of professional fleet managers. The voters were asked to look at 19 vehicles and consider which medium-duty truck model best fit their fleet requirements, including application effectiveness, durability, quality, servicing, maintenance and lifecycle costs.
"The commercial truck segment is all about total cost of ownership," said Ram Truck President/CEO Fred Diaz, who also is head of U.S. Sales for Chrysler Group LLC. "When you account for fuel economy, brake wear, tire wear and the best powertrain warranty in the business, Ram Chassis Cab trucks offer the lowest cost of ownership."
The May/June issue of Work Truck magazine will feature a complete article on the Medium-Duty Truck of the Year award.
Ram Chassis Cab Trucks Deliver Best-in-Class Performance
Ram Chassis Cab trucks offer class-leading performance in many key areas, including a best-in-class combination of brake pad wear, brake fade resistance and exhaust brake performance. They also deliver best-in-class fuel economy. In a recent head-to-head comparison, the Ram 5500 Chassis Cab was 10% more fuel efficient than its direct competitor – and that can add up to thousands of dollars a year in owner savings.
Among Ram’s best-in-class features:
- Best-in-class standard Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of 19,500 lbs.
- Ram Chassis Cab brakes last twice as long as the competition under severe use
- Ram Chassis Cab trucks have 160% less brake fade than the competition
- Ram Chassis cab trucks stop in less distance in both wet and dry conditions when carrying a heavy payload
- The Ram Chassis Cab’s diesel exhaust brake is more effective than the competition’s
- Ram Chassis Cab offers a better turning radius – by 10 feet – than competitors
- Ram Chassis Cab trucks offer the largest standard fuel tank – 52 gallons for superior operational range
- Ram Chassis Cabs offer the lowest cost of ownership in the segment, based on significant owner expenses, including fuel economy, brake wear and tire wear
- Ram Chassis Cab trucks come with the best powertrain warranty in the business: five years / 100,000 miles
2012 Ram 5500 with dump bed upfit and snow plow