Are you on the younger side of life...and thinking of buying a truck?
If you aren't, maybe you should. (That is, consider buying a truck. Sorry, we can't turn back time.)
Late last week during the Dallas Auto Show, Ram Truck unveiled its newest member of the family -- the Ram 1500 Express.
"It gives the youth or first-time truck buyer an opportunity to show off a great looking ride, with unsurpassed V8 entry-level capability, in a tremendous value-priced package," said Ram Truck President/CEO Fred Diaz.
In addition to being loaded with features -- see below -- the Mopar brand offers more than 300 Ram 1500 Express.
Standard features on the Ram 1500 Express include:
- HEMI V8 engine with 390 horsepower and 407 lb.-ft. of torque AND a 20 mpg rating for the same price competitors are charging for their V6 engines
- Racy, monochromatic paint scheme
- Body-colored grille with black honeycomb inserts
- Body-colored front fascia and body-colored rear fascia with chrome-tipped dual exhausts that shout “high-performance"
- 12-volt auxiliary power outlet
- Six-speaker media center with CD and MP3 player, as well as audio jack input for mobile devices
- Safety features include advanced multistage front air bags, supplemental front curtain and side air bags, anti-lock four-wheel disc brakes, electronic stability control
Ram 1500 Express is available by the end of this quarter in Bright Silver Metallic, Bright White, Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl, Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl; Deep Water Blue Pearl; Flame Red, Hunter Green Pearl and Mineral Gray Metallic.
Ram Truck also offers plenty of options -- allowing buyers to customize their truck, including:
- Class IV receiver hitch
- Uconnect™ voice command with Bluetooth
- Rear-view auto-dim mirror
- Remote USB port
- Cruise control
- Instrument cluster with vehicle information center display screen
- Factory-installed exterior options include Mopar chrome tubular side steps, Mopar chrome steel bed rails, folding and heated trailer-tow power mirrors with supplemental signals and courtesy lamps
The Ram 1500 Express will arrive at Ram Truck dealerships with a MSRP of $23,830, including $975 destination charge.
Ram 1500 Express
Head – Ram Truck Brand David Sowers unveils the new 2011 Ram 1500 Express at the Dallas Auto Show, April 7, 2011.
For more images from the Dallas Auto Show -- including a flashback to 1978 Dodge Li’l Red Express -- see this Flickr set.