If you're going to review a truck, you can't very well do it without experiencing it first-hand.
And, that's what select journalists have done in recent weeks and will do this spring in checking out the 2012 Ram Chassis Cabs. Ram Truck executives took the new chassis cabs on the road to meet with journalists across the country. After crawling through the cabs and getting the first-hand scoop, many of them will hit the open road in the coming weeks with their own test drive.
The 2012 Ram Chassis Cabs offer a truckload of best-in-class features, including:
- Best-in-class standard Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of 19,500 lbs.
- Ram Chassis Cab brakes last twice as long as the competition under severe use
- Ram Chassis Cab trucks have 160% less brake fade than the competition
- Ram Chassis cab trucks stop in less distance in both wet and dry conditions when carrying a heavy payload
- The Ram Chassis Cab’s diesel exhaust brake is more effective than the competition’s
- Ram Chassis Cab offers a better turning radius – by 10 feet – than competitors
- Ram Chassis Cab trucks offer the largest standard fuel tank – 52 gallons for superior operational range
- Ram Chassis Cabs offer the lowest cost of ownership in the segment, based on significant owner expenses, including fuel economy, brake wear and tire wear
- Ram Chassis Cab trucks come with the best powertrain warranty
in the business: five years / 100,000 miles
Ram Truck Brand Head of Commercial Vehicles Joe Benson and Head of Truck and SUV Product Planning Bob Hegbloom outlined the 2012 Ram Chassis Cabs’ features and capabilities at a lunchtime event May 12, at Motor Village in Los Angeles.
2011 Dodge Ram 5500 Chassis Cab