This year, our friends at Mopar had some help in coming up with a list of gift ideas for the Mopar dad in your life (or for you to give out as gift ideas, if YOU'RE a Mopar dad). Legendary drag racer "Big Daddy" Don Garlits (right) went through the Mopar catalog and came up with his top 12 gift items for you or for the dad in your life.
All 12 ideas from Big Daddy (after the video) have a MSRP of $359 or less. Check out the items or watch/listen to Mopar Head of Sales and Product Development Jim Sassorossi give you a 4-minute rundown. You also can check out most of the items on the Mopar - Father's Day 2011 set on Flickr.
You can read more of Garlits' story on the Mopar website.
- Fender Covers: Prevent scratches and dings while showing pride
at the drag strip or on the street with Mopar logo fender covers.
Part Number: P5153623, manufacturer’s suggested retail price
Big-Block Cast Aluminum Polished Valve Covers (right): These
aluminum die-cast polished valve covers will set apart dad’s
engine bay while proudly displaying the Mopar logo. For 383 and 440
cubic-inch engines. Part Number: P5007616, MSRP: $168 (small-block
engine valve covers also available)
- Spark Plug Removal Tool: This tool is specifically designed to
protect wires from removal damage. Part Number: P5249718, MSRP:
- Chrome-plated Differential Cover: For 9-3/4-inch Dana 60 axles.
Those left in dad’s rear-view mirror will appreciate his
attention to detail. Part Number: P3690755, MSRP: $56
- Engine Paint (HEMI® Orange): The difference between
“good” and show quality is in the details. For that
special restoration project, Mopar offers up to eight correct OEM
enamel paint colors, including Turquoise, HEMI Orange, Street HEMI
Orange, Black, Silver, Red, Blue and Gold. Part Number: P4120751AB,
- Road Runner Restoration Decal: Mopar offers more than 60 decals
and emblems in order to complete a true restoration. From the
famous Road Runner to a 440 Six Pack decal, Mopar is the source. A
variety of restoration decals is available, including Dodge Dart,
Plymouth Duster, Road Runner and HEMI. Part Number: P2842873, MSRP:
- Mopar Purple Shaft Small-Block Camshaft Kit (below): To
put muscle in dad’s muscle car, these famous
factory-engineered cams add horsepower and torque. Many
applications are available for big and small-block engines. Part
Number: P4120231AC, MSRP: $215
Pinion Snubber: A must-have in order to help prevent axle windup
under acceleration and improve traction. Part Number: P3690181,
- Mopar Shift Light: Shifting at the correct RPM is critical for
a low elapsed time (ET) and win light. Mopar digital rpm display
shift lights are programmable for your desired RPM shift point.
Part Number: P5155508, MSRP: $175
- Mopar Front Strut Tower Bar: For 2005 to 2010 model-year Dodge
Challenger, Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300, these silver
powder-coated strut tower bars with a Mopar plate add handling
capability while providing under-hood flair. Part Number: P5155002,
- Mopar Logo Style Hood Pins: For modern-day Dodge Challengers,
these genuine, functional hood-pin kits provide nostalgic
muscle-car looks with functionality and come with all attaching
hardware. Hood pins are available in chrome or black finish. Part
Number: P5155755, MSRP: $305
- Jeep® Logo Differential Cover: Nothing says off-road more than Jeep. Separate dad’s from others with logo-style front and rear covers. Part Number: P5155445 (Dana 30), Part Number: P5155446 (Dana 44), Part Number: P5155447 (Dana 60), MSRP: $180